The cabinet of the TIDAL Sunray G2 is made from TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT. This unique design combines supreme rigidity, whilst still applying excellent resonant absorbing properties. While TIRADUR is 30mm thick, TIRALIT goes even further with a 42mm deep construction. A major contributing factor in the design phase was how the material reacts when exposed to vibrations and resonances. It is also the only advanced cabinet material available that allows TIDAL to finish their famous polished veneers, as well as their true polyester piano lacquers so eloquently. When you first see the Sunray in the most beautiful pyramided mahogany, ebony macassar or shiny piano black finish – don’t make the mistake of thinking the cabinet is made out of wood or MDF. With the TIRLIT construction, this statement speaker weighs in at mighty 322 Kg!
The Sunray G2 uses the very latest Accuton 30mm pure diamond diaphragm tweeter. Not only is it the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL was also the very first company using a diamond tweeter of this scale. While the driver itself already offers terrific qualities, being installed in a massive housing made out of polished stainless steel optimizes its performance, resonance and control, Only in combination with their unique TIDAL crossovers can this driver perform in the way TIDAL have become famous for.
BCC MIDRANGE WOOFER
TIDAL’s BCC driver technology is the result of an Accuton and TIDAL partnership that has been formed for more than a decade, these are exclusive to TIDAL speakers. The diaphragm itself is a specially coated black ceramic and uses a “short coil / long gap” neodymium motor perfectly designed for the hermetically sealed and asymmetrical designed midrange chamber of the Sunray.
Embedded in a unique shaped ring made out of hand polished stainless steel to avoid reflections from the protection grill. Needless to say that this driver absolutely guarantees zero compromise and is a class leader in both performance and reliability.
The woofers in the Sunray G2 are the new TIDAL developed BCC drivers which are specific to this TIDAL speaker. The drivers were designed to play extremely deep, fast and without compression within the vented bass chamber, even at the highest reproduction levels.
The custom motor allows for a very long and linear excursion of the side coated black ceramic diaphragm, the hardest and yet lightest diaphragm technology available to date.
The TIDAL Sunray G2 is designed to handle the deepest bass notes with the unique AEROTUNE system at the rear of the speaker. The custom port is made out of hand polished stainless steel and offers 2 different positions, allowing for room size and speaker placement. The attention to detail on the AEROTUNE reflects the passion that goes into every TIDAL product.
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber and featuring pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same caliber and silver-carbon resistors – only the finest components with proven long term stability are used for the crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part can be too expensive is a meaningless question for TIDAL, only the final result is what counts and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation. This all equates to a crossover unit that weighs in at 25 kgs!
TIDAL’s guiding principle is to present customers with the highest possible degree of reality whilst listening to any musical rendition. Anything less is already vastly available, however these products do not meet TIDAL’s impeccable standards. This is why literally every component is scrutinously evaluated and selected on the understanding that it has to be the best and without equal for its specific purpose.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers the Sunray G2 has unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction is made out of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material which stops any inductive electromagnetic fields. The main reason TIDAL uses pure silver as a conductor is to guarantee the lowest form of resistance and no loss or change to the incoming music signal.
The high quality feel you get from the terminal itself is first class owing to its hand polished and structured design. The Contrivas terminals allow for single-amping, passive bi-amping and active bi-amping. Furthermore one can adjust the filter curve of the tweeter as well to allow for soft or hard room reflections.
The TIDAL Sunray G2 sits on special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators per speaker. Each is milled out of a solid block of stainless steel and is hand polished to perfection. Various adjustments are available to position the speakers in either a parallel or sloped stance. Needless to say, all these parts are also 100% handmade in Germany.
- Multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT
- Seperated self-adjusting modules for high-midrange and bass: 2 x TIDAL-NV-bass modules, 1 x TIDAL-ND-RMD high-midrange module, cabinet-walls up to 5″ thick, optimized internal airflow
- Step response controlled point-source bass reproduction
- Quasi-infinite front-baffle with ‘pneumatic-airwall’.
- 1 x 30 mm (1,2″) diamond tweeter
- 2 x 173 mm (7″) BCC midrange woofer with low distortion motor
- 4 x 222 mm (9″) long excursion BCC woofer
- Unique AEROTUNE-System and VARIOGAIN, two settings for flexible in room placement.
- Passive crossover network with ultra low tolerance components, exclusive use of custom tailored Duelund-copper-capacitors, metal-film resistors, silver-carbon resistors, air-core-inductors, ultra low resistance bass-inductor
- Passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chambers
- Total weight of the passive crossover : 25 Kg / 55 lbs.
- Adjustable diamond-tweeter curve (hard room-refections / soft room-reflections)
- Pure silver binding posts for perfect contact, isolated large aluminum connectors fitted on a fiberglass isolated core, adjustable bi-wiring / passive bi-amping / active bi-amping double-terminal
- Special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8 x trigger bars made out of high grade stainless steel, 32 Kg (70 lbs.) per speaker, high gloss hand-polished
- Standard cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- Optional cabinet finishes: the worlds finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL’s original transparent piano lacquer.
- Other finishes: on request
- The TIDAL Sunray is delivered in 2 x ATA-flight cases for safe transportation.
- Nominal power handling: 200 / >500 VA
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- Recommended power amplifier: 20 watt and up. Very easy impedance load even for tube amps
- To use the complete dynamic range of the Sunray at higher volumes we recommend >200 watts at 4 ohm
- Speaker dimensions: 199 cm x 34 cm x 60 cm / 78,3″ high x 13,4″ wide x 23,6″ deep
- Dimensions with vario feet (from ground to top): 206 cm high / 81″ high
- Speaker weight without packaging: 2 x 322 Kg / 2 x 702 lbs.
- Shipping weight with packaging: 2 x 380 Kg / 2 x 830 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 2 flight cases, each flight case is 125 cm length x 80 cm width x 100 cm height / 50″ length x 31,5″ width x 39″ height
Find a partner Find Tidal Audio Partners