The Piano G2 is made from TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material “TIRADUR”. This unique design combines supreme rigidity, whilst still applying excellent resonant absorbing properties.
It is the only advanced cabinet material available that allows TIDAL to finish their famous polished veneers, as well as their true polyester piano lacquers so eloquently. When you first see the Piano in the most beautiful pyramided mahogany, ebony macassar or flawless Piano black finish – don’t make the mistake of thinking the cabinet is made out of wood or MDF. With the TIRADUR construction, this modest sized speaker weighs in at a hefty 65 Kg.
The Piano G2 uses the very same Accuton 30mm pure diamond diaphragm tweeter as the more expensive models. Not only is it the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL was also the very first company using a diamond tweeter of this scale. While the driver itself already offers terrific qualities, being installed in a large housing made out of polished stainless steel optimizes its performance, resonance and control, Only when used in combination with their unique TIDAL crossovers can this driver perform in the way TIDAL have become famous for.
Maybe interesting to know on a side note: this very same diamond tweeter technology is being used in the world’s most exclusive car, the Bugatti Chiron.
BCC MIDRANGE WOOFER
TIDAL’s BCC driver technology is the result of an Accuton and TIDAL partnership that has been formed for more than a decade, these are exclusive to TIDAL speakers. The diaphragm itself is a specially coated black ceramic and utilises a long excursion motor, perfectly designed for the two identical driver chambers.
This is embedded in a unique shaped ring made out of hand polished stainless steel to avoid reflections from the protection grill. Needless to say that this driver absolutely guarantees zero compromise and is a class leader in both performance and reliability.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers the Piano G2 has unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction made out of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material stops any inductive electromagnetic fields. The main reason TIDAL uses pure silver as a conductor is to guarantee the lowest form of resistance and no loss or change to the incoming music signal.
The high quality feel you get from the terminal itself is first class owing to its hand polished and structured design. The Piano has the flexibility to play in small, medium or large rooms. It is extremely easy to adjust and is capable of running in situations where the given space would usually lean towards a 2-way monitor to avoid over powering the room. Furthermore one can adjust the filter curve of the tweeter as well to allow for soft or hard room reflections.
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber and featuring pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same caliber and silver-carbon resistors – only the finest components with proven long term stability are used for the crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part can be too expensive is a meaningless question for TIDAL, only the final result is what counts and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation.
Their guiding principle is to present customers with the highest possible degree of reality whilst listening to any musical rendition. Anything less is already vastly available, however these products do not meet TIDAL’s impeccable standards. This is why literally every component is scrutinously evaluated and selected on the understanding that it has to be the best and without equal for its specific purpose. For example even the smallest speaker is equipped with massive DUELUND copper capacitors as they are simply the best available.
The TIDAL Piano G2 comes with 4 large stainless steel isolation feet per speaker. Each is milled out of a solid block of stainless steel and is hand polished to perfection. Various adjustments are available to position the speakers in either a parallel or sloped stance. Needless to say, all these parts are also 100% handmade in Germany.
- Multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRADUR
- 1 x 30 mm (1,2″) diamond tweeter TAD-30.
- 2 x 173 mm (7″) BCC midrange woofer with low distortion long excursion motor design TAC-170MW
- Passive crossover network with ultra low tolerance components, exclusive use of custom tailored DUELUND pure copper-capacitors, metal-film resistors, silver-carbon resistors, air-core-inductors, ultra low resistance bass-inductor
- Passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chambers
- Total weight of the passive crossover 13 Kg / 28 lbs.
- Adjustable tweeter curve (hard or soft room reflections)
- Excellent low level listening reproduction
- Pure silver TIDAL binding posts for a perfect connection
- TIDAL Vario terminal for three different setups: pure 2-way (for very small rooms), linear 2.5-way (for medium sized rooms), gained 2.5-way (for bigger rooms or more bass in a medium sized room)
- 4-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8 x trigger bars made from high grade stainless steel, the position of the variofeet can be mounted in parallel or sloped back
- Cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black.
- Cabinet finish: finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL’s original transparent piano lacquer.
- Other finishes: on request
- The TIDAL Piano is delivered in ATA-flight cases for easy transportation
- Nominal power handling: 150 / 300 VA
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- Recommended power amplifier: > 30 watt. Very easy impedance load, no impedance drop below 4 ohm.
- Speaker dimensions: 116 cm x 24,5 cm x 36,5 cm / 45,7″ high x 9,6″ wide x 14,4″ deep dimensions with vario feet (from ground to top): 121 cm high / 47,6″ high
- Speaker weight without packaging: 2 x 65 Kg / 2 x 143 lbs.
- Shipping weight with packaging: 2 x 101 Kg / 2 x 223 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: flightcase, 134 cm length x 39 cm width x 51 cm height / 53″ length x 16″ width x 20″ height
Our Tidal Audio partners