Olympus DESIGN PRINCIPLES
- Separate cable for positive and negative signals
- Asymmetrical design
- Positive and negative cables are spun clockwise and anticlockwise respectively
- Adapted lengths to minimise the antenna effect
- Dedicated integrated contacts (DIC) so the area on the mass of the contact areas correspond to the cable area
- Wood in the contact framework. Non-magnetic and non-conductive
- Only pure copper and silver in the signal paths. No alloys
- Drain wire instead of shielding in order to connect to a pure earth point (External Earth Drain System)
- Cotton covering instead of synthetic materials
- EEDS External Earth Drain System
This entails the shielding / drain wire not being connected to the device’s negative pole. Instead, it is connected to the external Diskon box. This way, we drain off the interference/noise that the shielding absorbs to the ground outside of the signal paths, instead of the usual mixing it together with the signal wire at the connection to the device.
- New construction for enhanced signal transfer
- Further reduction to noise & signal interference
- New connector construction on most of the range
An Olympus ground cable with Olympus 10 ground box is the first step to enlightenment. Fundamentally this lowers the noise floor by draining away stray pollutants from the system. And by lowering the noise floor, almost every sonic property you can think of is granted a fairly startling improvement yet the essential character of the system remains unchanged.
Introducing both mains and interconnect cables to the chain and you will be astounded at the results.
What you thought was possible from simply “changing cables” is absolutely game-changing. Synergy, balance, timing, depth, scale. The makings of something exceptional.
All Olympus cables now come complete with the newly designed Infinity ground drains, A suitable ground box such as the new Poseidon will be required to complete the setup.
Various lengths are available starting from 1.1m and rising in 0.6m increments.
The range currently consists of the following product lines;
- Speaker Cables
- Power Cables
- RCA & XLR Interconnects
- Digital/Clock cables (RCA, XLR & BNC)
- RJ45 Network Cables
- USB Cables
- Eartha Ground Cables with interchangeable connectors
Our Entreq partners
Suite 7a, Market Walk, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6BL
01884 243 584
Visit the Audio Destination page
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Visit the Audio Therapy page
Denehurst Gardens, Richmond, Greater London TW10
020 8392 1959
Visit the Choice HiFi page
Future Shop Ltd. Unit 5, MODA Business Centre, Stirling Way, Borehamwood. Herts. England. UK. WD6 2BW
0800 772 3688
Visit the Futureshop page
2 Joppa Rd, Edinburgh, EH15 2EU
0131 556 7901
44 Cow Wynd, Falkirk Central Region, FK1 1PU
01324 629 011
Visit the HiFi Corner page
24-26 Union Street, Maidstone, Kent. ME14 1ED
Visit the Home Media page
Unit 2, Stanbridge Park, Staplefield Lane, Staplefield, RH17 6AS. UK.
8-9 Scotch Street Center, Dungannon, Co.Tyrone, BT70 1AR. Northern Ireland. UK.
0343 523 6169
Visit the Kronos AV page
Walton on Thames, Surrey
+44 (0)788 785 2513
Visit the Lotus HiFi page
85-91 Ber Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3EY
Visit the Martins Hi-Fi page