TIRALIT™ ULTRA CABINET
The cabinet of the La Assoluta is made from TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT. This unique design combines supreme rigidity, whilst still applying excellent resonant absorbing properties. While TIRADUR is 30mm thick, TIRALIT goes even further with a 42mm deep construction. A major contributing factor in the design phase was how the material reacts when exposed to vibrations and resonances. It is also the only advanced cabinet material available that allows TIDAL to finish their famous polished veneers, as well as their true polyester piano lacquers so eloquently. When you first see the La Assoluta in the most beautiful pyramided mahogany, ebony macassar or shiny piano black finish – don’t make the mistake of thinking the cabinet is made out of wood or MDF. With the TIRADUR construction, this unique masterpiece weighs in at an eye watering 485 Kg!
Being TIDAL’s reference speaker the La Assoluta also features unique RF shielding chambers to help block out any unwanted outside interference.
The TIDAL La Assoluta incorporates a unique version of TIDAL’s 30mm 1 carat pure diamond diaphragm tweeter. Not only is it the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL was also the very first company using a diamond tweeter of this scale. While the driver itself already offers terrific qualities, being installed in a massive housing made out of polished stainless steel optimizes its performance, resonance and control, Only in combination with their unique TIDAL crossovers can this driver perform in the way TIDAL have become famous for.
Maybe interesting to know on a side note: this very same diamond tweeter technology is being used in the world’s most exclusive car, the Bugatti Chiron.
DIAMOND MIDRANGE WOOFER
La Assoluta features two of TIDAL’s exclusive 130mm midrange woofers. They are the result of the Accuton TIDAL partnership that has evolved over 14 years, it is only to be found in TIDAL Akira and La Assoluta speakers. The diaphragm itself is made out of 13 carats of pure diamond, the hardest material on earth. As well as having excellent heat dissipation, diamond has both low density and high stiffness, meaning that the midrange unit behaves in a pure pistonic manner. This also allows for the huge voice coil to be perfectly cooled at all times.
Since this driver has the biggest diamond diaphragm on earth, it has upto 7 mm of excursion covering the frequency range from 100 Hz upwards until it merges perfectly with the 30mm diamond tweeter. This driver is simply second to none in terms of design and performance.
Another first and unique to this speaker are the La Assoluta’s two 190mm and two 250mm BCS woofers. The drivers were designed to play within the La Assoluta’s bass chambers producing extremely deep, fast bass with zero compression even at extreme listening levels. The diaphragm itself is made out of a 3D-shaped honeycomb and is sealed with a high-density lacquer.
The magnet motor is specifically designed for La Assoluta’s internal cabinet volume and the driver baskets are CNC-machine milled to perfectly match the TIRALIT’s construction, clamped into place with a polished stainless steel ring to avoid any kind of reflections. All four woofers combine to cover the sub bass range and above together, however each driver plays up to a different calculated frequency point in the midband for a seamless transition.
The TIDAL La Assoluta is designed to play precisely even down to the deepest frequencies. Each speaker is equipped at the rear with four 250mm long excursion passive radiators to support the front firing woofers. With this special configuration the deep bass response is totally controlled.
They all feature TIDAL’s exquisite polished stainless steel rings to seamlessly clamp the drivers inside the TIRALIT cabinet.
La Assoluta features a custom Unopulse crossover for unique point source behaviour and excellent off-axis performance.
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber and featuring pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same caliber and silver-carbon resistors – only the finest components with proven long term stability are used for the crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part can be too expensive is a meaningless question for TIDAL, only the final result is what counts and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation.
Their guiding principle is to present customers with the highest possible degree of reality whilst listening to any musical rendition. Anything less is already vastly available, however these products do not meet TIDAL’s impeccable standards. This is why literally every component is scrutinously evaluated and selected on the understanding that it has to be the best and without equal for its specific purpose.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers the La Assoluta has unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction is made out of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material which stops any inductive electromagnetic fields. The main reason TIDAL uses pure silver as a conductor is to guarantee the lowest form of resistance and no loss or change to the incoming music.
- 3-stacked modules, 4-way fullrange speaker
- Frequency response: 8 Hz – 200.001 Hz, +/- 0.5 dB
- Efficiency: 96 dB
- Cabinet material: TIRALIT-Ultra with RF-shielding chambers
- 2 x 10″ La Assoluta subwoofers, long excursion high efficiency subwoofer with ultra low distortion magnet design, CNC milled basket and stainless steel rear clamp mechanism
- 2 x 7.5″ La Assoluta woofer, long excursion high efficiency woofer with ultra low distortion magnet design, CNC milled basket and stainless steel rear clamp mechanism
- 2 x 5.0″ La Assoluta midrange woofers, long excursion high efficiency midrange woofer with ultra low distortion ring-magnet design, CNC milled basket and special alloy stainless steel frontplate, low loss spyder design, direct diamond-to-titanium-voicecoil design for perfect heat sinking and zero flex in the voicecoil former itself
- 1 x 1.2″ La Assoluta tweeter, high efficiency design with ultra fast transient response, completely decoupled stainless steel mounting chamber
- 4 x 10″ La Assoluta long excursion low loss passive radiators
- Assoluta-Unopulse crossover for unique point source behaviour and off-axis performance
- Silver crossover, silver binding posts, grounding option
- 20 watt to >1.000 watt power handlingfully passive or part-active
- Prepared for complete system integration into the 4-tower design for the “TIDAL Assoluta Music System”: the La Assoluta can be extended with active powered Assoluta Sub-towers
- H 232 cm, W 38 cm, D 65 cm
- 2 x 485 Kg (without packaging)
Our Tidal Audio partners