TIRALIT™ ULTRA CABINET
The cabinet of the TIDAL Akira is made from TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT. This unique design combines supreme rigidity, whilst still applying excellent resonant absorbing properties. While TIRADUR is 30mm thick, TIRALIT goes even further with a 42mm deep construction. A major contributing factor in the design phase was how the material reacts when exposed to vibrations and resonances. It is also the only advanced cabinet material available that allows TIDAL to finish their famous polished veneers, as well as their true polyester piano lacquers so eloquently. When you first see the Akira in the most beautiful pyramided mahogany, ebony macassar or shiny piano black finish – don’t make the mistake of thinking the cabinet is made out of wood or MDF. With the TIRALIT construction, this statement speaker weighs in at mighty 158 Kg!
The TIDAL Akira uses the same diamond tweeter technology as the big La Assoluta, it is a 30mm diameter 1 carat pure diamond diaphragm tweeter. Not only is it the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL was also the very first company using a diamond tweeter of this scale. While the driver itself already offers terrific qualities, being installed in a massive housing made out of polished stainless steel optimizes its performance, resonance and control, Only in combination with their unique TIDAL crossovers can this driver perform in the way TIDAL have become famous for.
Maybe interesting to know on a side note: this very same diamond tweeter technology is being used in the world’s most exclusive car, the Bugatti Chiron.
DIAMOND MIDRANGE WOOFER
TIDAL’s exclusive 130mm midrange woofer is the result of the Accuton TIDAL partnership that has evolved over 14 years, it is only to be found in TIDAL Akira and La Assoluta speakers. The diaphragm itself is made out of 13 carats of pure diamond, the hardest material on earth. As well as having excellent heat dissipation, diamond has both low density and high stiffness, meaning that the midrange unit behaves in a pure pistonic manner. This also allows for the huge voice coil to be perfectly cooled at all times.
Since this driver has the biggest diamond diaphragm on earth, it has upto 7 mm of excursion covering the frequency range from 100 Hz upwards until it merges perfectly with the 30mm diamond tweeter. This driver is simply second to none in terms of design and performance.
Another specialty only to be found in this speaker are the Akiras three 190mm BCS woofers. The drivers were designed to play within the Akiras bass chamber producing extremely deep, fast bass with zero compression even at extreme listening levels. The diaphragm itself is made out of a 3D-shaped honeycomb and is sealed with a high density lacquer.
The magnet motor is specifically designed for the Akira’s internal cabinet volume and the driver basket is CNC-machine milled to perfectly match the TIRALIT’s construction, clamped into place with a polished stainless steel ring to avoid any kind of reflections. All three woofers combine to cover the sub bass range and above together, however each driver plays up to a different calculated frequency point in the midband for a seamless transition.
The TIDAL Akira is designed to play precisely even down to the deepest frequencies. Each Akira is equipped at the rear with five 190mm long excursion passive radiators to support the front firing woofers. With this special configuration the deep bass response is totally controlled.
They all feature TIDAL’s exquisite polished stainless steel rings to seamlessly clamp the drivers inside the TIRALIT cabinet.
Mounted in a hermetically shielded chamber and featuring pure copper foil capacitors, coils of the same caliber and silver-carbon resistors – only the finest components with proven long term stability are used for the crossovers. Unfortunately, these components are also the most expensive and are custom-built for TIDAL. Whether any part can be too expensive is a meaningless question for TIDAL, only the final result is what counts and considerations of cost do not enter into the equation.
Their guiding principle is to present customers with the highest possible degree of reality whilst listening to any musical rendition. Anything less is already vastly available, however these products do not meet TIDAL’s impeccable standards. This is why literally every component is scrutinously evaluated and selected on the understanding that it has to be the best and without equal for its specific purpose.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers the Akira has unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction is made out of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material which stops any inductive electromagnetic fields. The main reason TIDAL uses pure silver as a conductor is to guarantee the lowest form of resistance and no loss or change to the incoming music signal.
The high quality feel you get from the terminal itself is first class owing to its hand polished and structured design. The Akira is solely designed to be connected to a single amplifier. The complex internal passive crossover takes care of anything else.
The Akira is mounted onto 4 massive stainless steel trigger bars. Each bar is milled out of a block of the highest grade stainless steel and is polished completely by hand to a perfect high gloss finish. Weighing in at 8 Kg per foot (almost 18 lbs.) the delicate process of polishing this material flawlessly to the highest possible degree, is yet another example of the unique effort behind each detail of this TIDAL masterpiece.
- Multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT Ultra.
- 1 x 30 mm (1,2″) 1 carat pure diamond tweeter TAD-30-EX
- 1 x 127 mm (5″) 13 carat pure diamond midrange-woofer TAD-MW
- 3 x 190 mm (7.5″) long excursion woofer TAS-190W-EX, semi-pointsource crossover-control
- 5 x 190 mm (7.5″) long excursion radiator TAS-190PR-EX
- TIDAL UNOPULSE passive crossover: TIDAL proprietary designed to reproduce signals with an excellent linear frequency response
- Network with ultra low tolerance components, exclusive use of custom tailored DUELUND-copper-capacitors (silver/copper), metal-film resistors, silver-carbon resistors, silver air-core-inductors, ultra low resistance bass-inductor
- Passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chamber, total weight of the passive crossover construction: 20 Kg / 44 lbs.
- Pure silver binding posts for perfect contact, isolated large aluminum connectors on a fiberglass isolated core.
- Ground connection binding post
- Special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- 8 x trigger bars made from high grade stainless steel, 32 Kg (70 lbs.) per speaker, high gloss hand-polished
- Standard cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- Optional cabinet finishes: finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL’s original transparent piano lacquer.
- Other finishes: on request
- Free option: polished stainless steel side panel with AKIRA engraving
- The TIDAL Akira’s are delivered in 2 x ATA-flight cases for safe transportation
- Nominal power handling: 400w / 800w nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
- Recommended amplifier power: > 30 watt. Very easy impedance load, no impedance drop below 4 ohm
- Speaker dimensions: 140 cm x 29 cm x 55 cm / 55″ high x 11.5″ wide x 22″ deep
- Dimensions with vario feet (from ground to top): 148 cm high / 58″ high
- Speaker weight without flight cases: 2 x 158 Kg / 2 x 348 lbs.
- Shipping weight with flight cases (transport weight): 2 x 182 Kg / 2 x 401 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 2 flight cases, each flight case is 162 cm length x 42 cm width x 71 cm height / 64″ length x 16.5″ width x 28″ height
Find a partner Find Tidal Audio Partners