TIRALIT ULTRA CABINET
The cabinet of the TIDAL Agoria is made from TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT. This unique design combines supreme rigidity, whilst still applying excellent resonant absorbing properties. While TIRADUR is 30mm thick, TIRALIT goes even further with a 42mm deep construction. A major contributing factor in the design phase was how the material reacts when exposed to vibrations and resonances. It is also the only advanced cabinet material available that allows TIDAL to finish their famous polished veneers, as well as their true polyester piano lacquers so eloquently. When you first see the Agoria in the most beautiful pyramided mahogany, ebony macassar or shiny piano black finish – don’t make the mistake of thinking the cabinet is made out of wood or MDF. With the TIRALIT construction, this reference speaker weighs in at mighty 215 Kg!
The TIDAL Agoria uses the same diamond tweeter technology as the big La Assoluta, it is a 30mm diameter 1 carat pure diamond diaphragm tweeter. Not only is it the biggest diamond tweeter in the world, TIDAL was also the very first company using a diamond tweeter of this scale. While the driver itself already offers terrific qualities, being installed in a massive housing made out of polished stainless steel optimizes its performance, resonance and control, Only in combination with their unique TIDAL crossovers can this driver perform in the way TIDAL have become famous for.
Maybe interesting to know on a side note: this very same diamond tweeter technology is being used in the world’s most exclusive car, the Bugatti Chiron.
BCC MIDRANGE WOOFER
TIDAL’s BCC driver technology is the result of an Accuton and TIDAL partnership that has been formed for more than a decade, these are exclusive to TIDAL speakers. The diaphragm itself is a specially coated black ceramic and uses a “short coil / long gap” neodymium motor perfectly designed for the hermetically sealed and asymmetrical designed midrange chamber of the Agoria.
Embedded in a unique shaped ring made out of hand polished stainless steel to avoid reflections from the protection grill. Needless to say that this driver absolutely guarantees zero compromise and is a class leader in both performance and reliability.
The woofers in the Agoria are the new TIDAL developed BCC drivers which are specific to this TIDAL speaker. The drivers were designed to play extremely deep, fast and without compression within the vented bass chamber, even at the highest reproduction levels.
The custom motor allows for a very long and linear excursion of the side coated black ceramic diaphragm, the hardest and yet lightest diaphragm technology available to date.
The TIDAL Agoria is designed to play precisely even down to the deepest frequencies. Each Agoria is equipped at the rear with three 280mm long excursion passive radiators to support the front firing woofers. With this special configuration the deep bass response is totally controlled.
They all feature TIDAL’s exquisite polished stainless steel rings to seamlessly clamp the drivers inside the TIRALIT cabinet.
Like all TIDAL loudspeakers the Agoria has unique pure silver binding posts. The complex construction is made out of a fibre-reinforced polymeric material which stops any inductive electromagnetic fields. The main reason TIDAL uses pure silver as a conductor is to guarantee the lowest form of resistance and no loss or change to the incoming music signal.
- Multi chamber cabinet made out of TIDAL’s proprietary cabinet material TIRALIT™
- 1 x 30 mm (1,2″) diamond tweeter TAD-30
- 2 x 173 mm (7″) BCC long excursion low distortion midrange woofers TACW-170
- 2 x 280 mm (10,5″) long excursion BCC subwoofers TAS-280EX
- 3 x 280 mm (10,5″) long excursion BCC passive radiators TAS-280PR (an exclusive Accuton TIDAL cooperation)
- Passive crossover network with ultra low tolerance components, exclusive use of custom tailored CAST Duelund-copper-capacitors and CAST capacitors, metal-film resistors, silver-carbon resistors, air-core-inductors, ultra low resistance bass-inductor
- Passive crossover is microphonic and hermetically isolated in a separated chambers
- Total weight of the passive crossover construction: 19 Kg / 42 lbs.
- Adjustable diamond-tweeter curve (hard room-reflections / soft room-reflections / adjustable curve at 7KHz and 13KHz)
- Adjustable upper bass curve
- Variobass, three adjustable settings (linear, gain A and gain B)
- Pure silver binding posts for a perfect connection
- Adjustable bi-wiring / passive bi-amping / active bi-amping double-terminal
- Special 5-part TIDAL stainless steel isolators
- Optional: 8 x trigger bars made out of solid aluminum, black structured or high gloss polished, the position of the variofeet can be mounted in parallel or sloped back.
- Standard cabinet finish: original TIDAL piano lacquer in midnight black
- Optional cabinet finishes: finest hand selected veneers in TIDAL’s original transparent piano lacquer.
- Other finishes: on requests
- The TIDAL Agoria is delivered in 2 x ATA-flight case for safe transportation
- Nominal power handling: 200 / 1.000 VA
- Recommended power amplifier: 30 watts and up. Very easy impedance load even for tube amps
- To use the complete dynamic range at higher volumes we recommend > 200 watts at 4 ohm
- Speaker dimensions: 163 cm x 31 cm x 60 cm / 64,2″ high x 12,2″ wide x 23,6″ deep
- Dimensions with vario feet (from ground to top): 170 cm high / 67″ high
- Speaker weight without packaging: 2 x 215 Kg / 2 x 475 lbs.
- Shipping weight with packaging: 2 x 245 Kg / 2 x 540 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 2 flight cases, each flight case is 182 cm length x 42 cm width x 72 cm height / 72″ length x 16,5″ width x 28″ height
Our Tidal Audio partners